SI In the Spotlight
AGE Technologies (Pty) Ltd.
Certified System Integrator Partner
A talk with Rolf Zoller – Director
We asked Rolf about AGE, their relationship with Wonderware and their customers as well as his views on the current state of the industries they address. This is what he had to say:
- How did you get started in the business of industrial process control and industrial IT?
This has always been the core business of AGE which was formed to transform the knowledge and expertise of its founders into reality.
- What is the significance and importance of Wonderware certification to you?
Certification gives our customers peace of mind when dealing with us. They are aware of Wonderware’s global reputation for excellence of products and service.
- Why did you choose Wonderware as a solution supplier?
Wonderware products are widely used in South Africa and Africa as a whole and are often specified as the required SCADA solution by our clients.
- How will certification improve your business?
- Certification will help in the marketing of our company and strengthen our relationship with existing and prospective customers.
- What trends and challenges are you seeing in your industry?
In these trying times, most companies are cutting back of CAPEX and I firmly believe that our biggest challenges currently have to do with unsure markets.
- How has AGE grown and changed in the past year and where do you see yourself in the next year or two?
We’ve grown our business through diversification, entering into new market segments such as renewable energies and the supply and support of instrumentation products.
About AGE Technologies
AGE Technologies has been providing Electrical, Control and Instrumentation solutions for more than 20 years to South African and global companies. Our Certification across all the major Control System suppliers including Siemens, Schneider, Rockwell, ABB, Mitsubishi, Adroit and Wonderware coupled with our TUV ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system minimise the risk to our customers in delivering large Automation and Control projects. Within the 4Sight group AGE Technologies ensure seamless integration between the Control Layer and the MES layer.
In a nutshell
All projects in AGE Technologies are managed by a project management professional from our PMO office and follows PMBOK standards. The company is divided into five revenue streams with supporting functions from Sales, Engineering, Services, Project Management and Finance. More than 70% of AGE Technologies’ employees are skilled in the engineering field with vast knowledge across our key revenue streams as depicted below:
- PAS – Process Automation Systems
- IMC – Intelligent Motor
- EMS – Energy Management Systems
- INS – Instrumentation
- ICT – Industrial Information & Communications Technology
Being part of a larger group of companies, affords us the capability to quickly scale up in delivery capability, should the need arise for multiple large projects.
AGE Technologies has successfully implemented solutions at Zimplats, Bridgestone and UNB. Watch this space for links to these articles as they become documented.