SI In the Spotlight
Control Systems Integration
Endorsed System Integrator Partner
About Control Systems Integration
Founded in 2005, Control Systems Integration (Pty) Ltd, forms part of the Control Systems Integration Holdings Group. CSI is a leading company in its field that provides operations management and automation systems consulting as well as engineering and support services to continuous process and manufacturing businesses in Southern Africa and abroad.
Collectively CSI’s core team of mainly control and system engineers has more than 300 man-years experience in the delivery of industrial and systems integration solutions.
CSI offers MES/MOM, HMI/SCADA, condition monitoring and batching solutions to the Mining, Metals and Minerals as well as the Food and Beverage industries. CSI also addresses the production needs of general industrial manufacturing.
The company has 13 Wonderware-certified engineers well versed in the company’s MES Performance, System Platform, InTouch, Historian Server and InTouch for System Platform solutions – and let’s not forget that Control Systems Integration has been the top Wonderware Southern Africa SI for 7 consecutive years.
A talk with Andre Brits – Sales & Marketing Manager
We asked André about CSI, their relationship with Wonderware and their customers as well as his views on the current state of the industries they address. This is what he had to say:
- How did you get started in the business of industrial process control and industrial IT?
CSI was formed in response to the industry that wanted access to certain individuals who shared a common vision and strategy and who also had the same level of integrity and values.
- What is the significance and importance of Wonderware certification to you?
CSI is well respected in the marketplace for the quality work that it delivers. In order to be able to achieve and maintain this level of excellence, CSI invests in proper training for its staff. Wonderware certification is an integral part of such professional positioning, which is also associated with much reduced risk for the client.
- Why did you choose Wonderware as a solution supplier?
Historically Wonderware was, and currently remains, the “leader of the pack” for industrial solutions within its focus area. Its global abilities, on-going innovative approach and leading-edge technologies remain impressive.
- How will certification improve your business?
Certification provides better opportunities, above-average market respect, preferential partnerships and global relationships. It ensures that CSI delivers projects of the highest quality and gives customers the peace of mind and confidence that they will get the best solution.
- What trends and challenges are you seeing in your industry?
The current global economic down-turn has reduced market demand for commodities. In addition, technical recession in South Africa and the unstable political environment in the country has left very few business opportunities for both sustainability and growth in today’s marketplace.
- How has CSI grown and changed in the past year and where do you see yourself in the next year or two?
Our business focus has traditionally been in the mining, metals and minerals industry but we have now moved to other industries such as Food and Beverage and Industrial Manufacturing. In addition, CSI has expanded its traditional business with new positioning including B-BBEE compliance, complimentary partnering, global expansion, wider offerings such as condition monitoring, ERP integration, fuel systems, wind farm solutions, etc.
In a nutshell
- Turnkey projects
- PLC programming
- SCADA development
- Electrical design and implementation
- Control panels
- Industrial networks
- Automation consulting
- Concept and feasibility studies
- Automation training
- Control system design
- Condition monitoring
- Project management
- Industrial instrumentation
- Automation audits: a Roadmap for optimisation, enhancement, conformity, risk reduction and growth
- Benefits case development: ROI calculation with real improvements and benefits.
- User Requirements Specification: a roadmap for development and yardstick for customer satisfaction
- Raw materials: Crushing, Washing & Screening, Conveying, Sampling, Cyclones, Milling, Thickeners, LARCODUMS
- Continuous processing: Dense Media Separation, Ultra High Dense Media Separation, Washing, Reductance, Furnaces
- Water reticulation: Raw Water, Process Water, Fire Systems, Dust Suppression, Dust Extraction, Water Purification
- Batch processing: Brewing, Fresh Milk, Powder Milk, Cheese, Animal Feeds
- Solution design: a client-approved baseline specification for software solution development
- Solution development and delivery: a fully-developed, properly tested, and client-approved solution, in accordance with the customer specification, ready for delivery to site
Post go-live support, Service Level Agreement, Quality Assurance
Here are just a few of CSI’s satisfied customers
- Rand Water chooses Wonderware’s ArchestrA for its Control Centre
- Exxaro Coal aims at optimal equipment utilisation with help from Wonderware
- TSB’s Komati Mill consolidates SCADA and industrial IT with help from Wonderware
- Exxaro implements first large-scale process domain virtualisation in SA
- L’Oréal South Africa implements a virtualised Manufacturing Operations Management system
- Not just information but an information modelling tool for Exxaro Coal
- Doubling the world’s largest coal beneficiation complex
- Cennergi turns wind into megawatts with help from Wonderware